Mount Morgan Promotion and Development Incorporated (MMPAD) is a volunteer based, not for profit, incorporated association that provides support to businesses and community in Mount Morgan.
MMPAD maintains a positive focus to promote Mount Morgan as a place to live in the region, to invest and visit. Among other things, MMPAD aims to encourage professionalism in social and economic development beneficial to Mount Morgan’s future and retain a skilled workforce through the promotion of local employment in career and business opportunities.
There are a number of ways that you can ensure you are receiving the latest information from Mount
Morgan Promotion and Development Inc and can become involved in our organization. If you would be
interested in either of the following – email us for further details on how.
- Become a member of MMPAD
- Suggest future tourism and community project ideas
- Sign up for the online Argus notifications
Here at MMPAD, we conduct a range of projects throughout the year; ranging from annual events, to promotional campaigns.
Let’s look at some of our recent and regular projects…
- The Mount Morgan Pride in your Town Community Awards: this project commenced in 2013 and is now an annual project of MMPAD. These awards aim to highlight the works of hardworking community members. The award’s categories vary, and all of the local community is invited to nominate locals they consider worthy of recognition. The official presentation of the awards is carried out during the Friday evening of the Golden Mount Festival (held during May).
- The Silver Wattle Fun Day: this activity commenced in September of 2013, and following its great success – is now a new MMPAD annual event. This event is a full morning of fun held at the Mount Morgan Dam and includes live entertainment, children’s amusement rides and some fantastic water activities. This day is held in celebration of National Wattle Day, and Mount Morgan’s very own wattle!
- The Mount Morgan Christmas Tree Festival was established by the Saint Mary’s Parish in 2002. This event is now carried out by MMPAD, with the support of Saint Mary’s and the local community. This event welcomes individuals, businesses and organisations from throughout the region to take part – by submitting a decorated tree to be part of an impressive display. This event welcomes hundreds to the School of Arts Hall over two evenings.
- Restocking of the Mount Morgan Dam: Each year, MMPAD take great pride in seeing the Mount Morgan Dam become home to thousands of new inhabitants. Through a restocking management plan, and with the help of regional fish hatcheries, we are able to release native fish into our local waterways. These include Golden Perch, Saratoga, Silver Perch and Eel-Tailed Catfish.
- The Mount Morgan Argus: each year, MMPAD produce 25 issues of “The Mount Morgan Argus” – Mount Morgan’s local positive based community newsletter. The Argus is collated fortnightly and delivered free of charge to each household in the local area. Online copies are also made available – be sure to check out the “media” section of this site.
Other activities of MMPAD have included community forums, local fundraisers (such as trivia nights and cent sales), collective marketing campaigns (including the production of television and radio commercials) , MMPAD town promotions (including highway billboards, media releases and posters), and more!
Meet the Team:
- President- John Steinberger
- Secretary- Del Rowley
- Treasurer- Audrey Crawford
- Executive members- Sarah Dalton and Melray McNamara and Noelene Mugridge
- Project Officer-
- Rail Museum Project Officer- Rhonda Ramm
1 Railway Parade, Mount Morgan (Office open 9am - 4pm, Monday to Friday)
Post: PO Box 142, Mount Morgan Queensland, 4714
Phone: 49 382 312