Mount Morgan Railway Museum and Accredited Visitor Information Centre
Location: 1 Railway Parade.
A trip to the Mount Morgan Railway Museum is a must do when visiting the area. Officially opened in 1898 as the town’s Railway Station, the building today now houses the Mount Morgan Railway Museum and Accredited Visitor Information Centre.
The building takes you a step back in time and offers the opportunity to experience how travel and life in the area once was. Through impressive audio-visual displays and 3D presentation you can get a feel for early travel aboard the old rack rail; transporting trains up the steep inclines of the area’s mountains in the 1800s.
The Museum also includes an extensive range of rail memorabilia on display, including past equipment,rolling stock including steam locomotive, goods shed and water tanks for steam engines.
- Open 9 am to 4 pm daily (Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day, Good Friday).
- The Accredited Visitor Information Centre stocks brochures & maps and our friendly staff will advise you on all there is to see and do in Mount Morgan and surrounding areas.
- Light refreshments are available.
- Local Arts, Crafts and Souvenirs on sale.
- Public toilets, wheelchair accessible, ample caravan, bus and car parking available.
- Schools & Special Interest Groups welcome By Appointment.
Phone: 07 4938 2312