Here at MMPAD, we conduct a range of projects throughout the year; ranging from annual events, to promotional campaigns.
Let’s look at some of our recent and regular projects…
- The Mount Morgan Wattle Fun Day: this activity commenced in September of 2013, and following its great success – is now a new MMPAD annual event. This event is a full morning of fun held at the Historic Railway Complex and includes live entertainment, market stalls, children’s amusement rides and some fantastic activities. The MMPAD Wattle Day award is also presented to a Mount Morgan Local 'Quiet Achiever'. This day is held in celebration of National Wattle Day, and Mount Morgan’s very own wattle!
- The Mount Morgan Christmas Tree Festival was established by the Saint Mary’s Parish in 2002. This event is now carried out by MMPAD, with the support of Saint Mary’s and the local community. This event welcomes individuals, businesses and organisations from throughout the region to take part – by submitting a decorated tree to be part of an impressive display. This event welcomes hundreds to the School of Arts Hall over two evenings. 2018, for the first time the event was held in the Mount Morgan CBD with the Christmas Trees on display at the Central State School. Due to COVID 19 the event wasn't held in 2020 and 2021.
- The Mount Morgan Twilight Christmas Concert which began in 2020 and is now an Annual MMPAD event, is held at the Historical Railway Complex from 5.30-8pm. The event features live music from local Performers, Carols and a visit from Santa for the Children. Light refreshments are available. The winners of the Buy Local Promotion and the Christmas Lights Competition are also announced at the event.
- The Mount Morgan Christmas Lights Competition has become an annual event on the MMPAD calendar, and is exclusive to Mount Morgan residents. Prizes are awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in Residential and Commercial categories.
- Restocking of the Mount Morgan Dam: Each year, MMPAD take great pride in seeing the Mount Morgan Dam become home to thousands of new inhabitants. Through a restocking management plan, and with the help of regional fish hatcheries, we are able to release native fish into our local waterways. These include Golden Perch, Saratoga, Silver Perch and Eel-Tailed Catfish.
- The Mount Morgan Argus: each year, MMPAD produce 23 issues of “The Mount Morgan Argus” – Mount Morgan’s local positive based community newsletter. The Argus is collated fortnightly and delivered free of charge to each household in the local area. Online copies, in colour are also made available – be sure to check out the “media” section of this site.
- MMPAD also manages the Mount Morgan Railway Museum and Accredited Visitor Information Centre for Rockhampton Regional Council and is and manages the Mount Morgan Driver Revivor Program.
Other activities of MMPAD have included community forums, local fundraisers (such as trivia nights and cent sales, progressive dinners), collective marketing campaigns (including the production of television and radio commercials), MMPAD town promotions (including highway billboards, media releases and posters), the Buy Local Campaign and more!